Recently, we’ve been discussing a number of low-cost ways you can cut back on your energy consumption and save on your monthly bills. But what about people who can’t afford to make efficiency upgrades? How about some ‘no-cost’ solutions?
Luckily, there are plenty of steps you can take – completely free of charge! – that will help you improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- If you have a fire place, make sure the damper or flue is closed. It’s an easy thing to forget about and an even easier way to blow that cold air right out of the house.
- Leave your drapes drawn during the day. It will help reduce warming from sunlight through the windows.
- Own a pool? During the summer, let the pump run between eight and 12 hours. During the winter, you can cut back to six. No need to overwork it. Also, make sure the strainers and filters are cleaned regularly to maximize your pool pump’s efficiency.
- When washing your clothes, did you know that roughly 90% of the energy used goes to heating the water? Wash as many loads as possible in cold water. You’ll be shocked at how much money you save.
- Dry loads of laundry back-to-back to utilize the heat stored up in your machine. And don’t forget to clean out the lint traps! Clogged ones will keep your machine from reaching its full drying potential.
- Every time you reach into the refrigerator to look for a snack, 30% of the cold air escapes. Think about what you want to eat before opening the door.
- If you’re cooking in the kitchen, turn the oven off 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve. It’s already hot enough in there! Also, like the refrigerator, every time you open the oven door, you lose anywhere between 25 and 50% of the heat. Set a timer instead, and trust your culinary instincts.
You don’t always have to spend money to save money. Sure, investing in a carbon-free source of energy like the SH-Box by NRGLab is a monumental leap towards self-sufficiency, but even small steps add up. These easy tips should help you take the first step towards responsible energy consumption.
Don’t be a part of the problem. Be a part of the solution. Be a part of a greener future.
[ energy consumption, source of ebergy, Ana Shell NRGLab, NRGlab, NRGLab auction, nrglab company, NRGLab Pte Ltd, nrglab singapore, NRGLab Сингапур, sh-box nrglab ]